5. Make your own fabric freshener. Mix 4 tablespoons of a ultra liquid fabric softener with water in a new plastic spray bottle. You can use scented fabric softener or try unscented with a few drops of your favorite essential oils. Mix well and test in an inconspicuous spot first. This can be used like the commercial fabric fresheners. Test to be sure of fabric compatibility.
4. Use lemon juice as a last resort stain cleaner. Lemon juice can be especially effecitve on white clothing when left in sunlight. The juice acts to bleach out the stains, but will also bleach out color.
3. Use one pot recipes for meals. This will not only save you money on washing the dishes, but also give you more time to enjoy after dinner.
2. Maintain. Use maintenance as a weapon against tough jobs that will require more effort and tools. Setting up a cleaning schedule will help you build mainenance of chores into your daily life. Letting jobs go too long will only take more time and money at a later point to fix.
1. Use the library. Check out the library to preview the newest books and magazines to help your housekeeping needs. Some books or magazines may turn into favorites, making them a candidate for purchase.