The Bottom Line
- No measuring is required. Pick up a premeasured gelpac and pop it in.
- Gel is used to clean instead of powder, lessening detergent film left on dishes.
- The product worked well to clean very soiled dishes.
- Do not accidently get any of the gelpacs wet. The coating dissolves when it contacts water.
- While the cleaning action of the product was good, it does not relieve the need to prewash.
- Gelpacs come in two scents, Orange Blossom and Sparkling Citrus.
- Unlike other dishwasher detergents, there is no awkward package to open at each use.
- All gelpacs are stored together in one zippered plastic liner bag.
Guide Review - Automatic Dishwasher Detergent
The Electrasol Gelpacs did an excellent job on my lightly-medium soiled dishes, which I placed in the machine with little pre-washing. There was no food residue on any of the dishes after the cycle had ended. I found that even with only light prewashing on my dirtiest dishes, the gelpacks were able to get rid of the food.
It seemed very easy for the machine to rinse the detergent away. The dishes smelled very fresh without being overly soapy smelling. The gel dissolved well in the cycle leaving the dishes clean and without a detergent layer covering them.