How to Send Photos
To submit a photo, please send an email to me at email@example.com.
- Use "HousekeepingPhoto" as the Email Subject
Photos may be used anywhere on About.com Housekeeping, including the Housekeeping Blog. If you are submitting for a specific gallery, use something like "HousekeepingPhoto BeforeAfter." The current galleries are:
- Before and After Gallery
- Stain Gallery
- Use JPG Format
The photos should be saved as .jpg files, and ideally should be a minimum of 500 pixels by 500 pixels. The best size for my galleries is 640x480. I am able to resize photos for you, if needed, but please don't send photos that are bigger than one MB.
- Send as an Attachment
Please do not embed your photo into the email message. Instead, send it as an attachment. Please also don't just send a link to the url for your photo. For help attaching pictures in an email, About.com Email has great instructions that apply to most email programs.
- Text and Frames
Photographs without any text written over them or frames added, are preferable. When viewed in the gallery most of those extras won't show up well, and look like flaws in the photo.
What to Include Along with Photos:
Please copy and paste the information below and make sure you include all the information we've asked for. (To C/P, just highlight the text below with your cursor, then right click your mouse and choose "Copy". Then, in your email right click again and choose "Paste.") I cannot use photos submitted without the following information:
- Your full name (first and last)
- Nickname or alias, if applicable (such as your forum login name, blog name, etc):
- Tell us if you want your full name shown in the photo credit/copyright, first name only, or an alias (delete the unwanted choices). Using your full name is better for your own copyright protection, but may not be preferable for privacy reasons.
- Email address: (will not be displayed)
- The url of your website or blog. (If you don't have one, or don't want it included, just leave this section blank.)
- A description of the photo. Tell us about the photo. (What project is it? How long did it take? Any tips that helped? What type of stain? Were you able to remove it? What worked?)
- Please insert this phrase: "I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to About.com. About.com and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify About.com for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material."
For more information, please view our user agreement. Because of the large number submissions, I may not be able to tell you in advance exactly when or where your photo will be used, or if in fact it has been used.
However, if you want to include a "read receipt" in your email's configuration, I can send a receipt back to you via email to acknowledge that I received your submission.