1. Hardwood Floors-Vinegar is acidic and will dull and damage the finish on hardwood floors. Opt instead for a hardwood floor cleaner that will enhance and protect the shine and surface of your floor.
2. No Wax Floors- Vinegar's acidity will take away the shine and sheen here as well.
3. Carpet Odors- Often vinegar is suggested to be used on pet stains on carpet, but it doesn't work as well as an enzymatic carpet cleaner. Vinegar might mask the odor, but it won't eliminate the reason for the odor.
4. Unsealed Grout- Grout that hasn't been sealed, or needs to be resealed should not have vinegar used on it. Over time, vinegar can deteriorate the condition of your grout.
5. Stone Surfaces- Stone surfaces can be etched and damaged by vinegar. For best results check with your stone supplier for guidance on vinegar and the best cleaners. Often, all that is needed is water and a soft cloth to keep your stone looking great.