The Bottom Line
- The mopping handle extends and contracts to find the perfect height and for storage.
- The reusable washable microfiber mopping pad does a great job on all hard floor types.
- Tough and sturdy construction makes a good quality mop.
- No built in scrubbing pad makes intense cleaning more difficult.
- The Bissell Smart Details Microfiber Mop comes with a reusable mopping pad that can be washed in the washing machine.
- The Bissell Smart Details Microfiber Mop retails for around 19.99.
- The Bissell Smart Details Microfiber replacement mopping pads retail for around 3.99 each.
Guide Review - Bissell Smart Details Microfiber Mop
The Bissell Smart Details Microfiber mop won me over as soon as I took it out of the packaging. The handle extends and collapses to make mopping at the right height a cinch. It also helps the mop fold up so compactly that it could be stored virtually anywhere. I love the built in circle at the top of the handle, making hanging the mop during storage so easy to do.
The mop head folds in half to allow you to squeeze water out of the mopping pad and make the mop more compact during storage. The microfiber mopping pads are thick, absorbent, and easy to wash in the washing machine before reusing.
The Bissell Smart Details Microfiber mop performed well on many types of hard surface floors, cleaning edges, picking up pet hair, and cleaning well. There is no scrubbing portion of the mopping pad, but the pad did do a good job even on sticky jelly. I'm not sure it would be able to handle dried on spots without pre-treating however.
Overall I was impressed by this little lightweight mop that can clean with the big guys, any day.