The Bottom Line
- Disposable sticky cartridge is easy to insert and remove, minimizing contact with dirt.
- Swiffer Carpet Flick is light and easy to push and use. The swivel head makes movement a breeze.
- A built-in loop on the end of the handle makes the Swiffer Carpet Flick easily hung between uses.
- Swiffer Carpet Flick is not intended to replace the need for a vacuum cleaner.
- Swiffer Carpet Flick doesn't pick up debris near baseboards or edges.
- Swiffer CarpetFlick allows you to clean in silence.
- Swiffer Carpet Flick starter kit contains the Carpet Flick and 2 disposable cartridges.
- The Swiffer Carpet Flick starter kit has a suggested retail price of 12.99.
- Refill cartridges come in packs of 12 and have a suggested retail price of 4.29.
Guide Review - Swiffer Carpet Flick
I have to admit the Swiffer CarpetFlick looks intriguing. With a sleek silver handle and orange sweeper style bottom, it looks like a stylish version of an industrial restaurant sweeper. The end of the handle has a flexible ring, perfect for hanging the Swiffer Carpet Flick in between uses. The see through window on the top of the Swiffer Carpet Flick allows you to watch as dirt is flicked from your carpet.
Assembly of the Swiffer Carpet Flick
I've had trouble with some of the nifty new gadgets on the market and their small print or nonexistent assembly instructions. Swiffer Carpet Flick is easy to assemble. Snap lengths of handle together before attaching the base to the end of the handle. The refill cartridges have a backing on both sides, but lists which side should face up. After sliding the cartridge into the unit, flip up an end tab and press it over a small button for a secure hold. That's it. You're ready to flick.
Using the Swiffer Carpet Flick
With a swivel head, and lightweight design, the Swiffer Carpet Flick is easy to use. Lightly push the Carpet Flick over the mess. The tool flicks debris up into the container, where it sticks to the refill cartridge, while the bottom side of the sticky cartridge attaches to any dirt that fails to flick. Several passes were needed with a glitter mess, and larger pieces of debris couldn't be cleaned. But, for small messes and quick pickups, the Carpet Flick was a success.