The Bottom Line
- The Febreze Flameless Luminary is beautiful and blends well into any home decor.
- The flickering light from the Febreze Flameless Luminary made people believe it was a real candle.
- The scent on the replaceable paper screen is strong.
- The Febreze Flameless Luminary automatically shuts off after 4 hours.
- The scent on the replaceable paper screens is strong...in fact, it is too strong.
- The Febreze Luminary needs batteries to operate.
- The Febreze Flameless Luminary Starter Kit retails for $15.00.
- Refills come in packs of two and retail for $5.00.
- Scents available include Green Tea Citrus, Cranberry Pear, and Pomegranate Mango and some limited seasonal scents.
Guide Review - Febreze Flameless Luminary
The Febreze Flameless Luminary has a reusable square plastic base with a light that flickers to mimic the look of a lit candle. When the base is turned on, and a paper shade is placed in it, it continues to flicker for up to 4 hours before automatically turning off.
The scented paper shades come in a sealed package with the Febreze Flameless Luminary starter kit and are available as refills as well.
The sample I received was green tea scented. When I initially opened it up, I was impressed by the citrus scent coming from the shade. I placed it on the base, turned on the luminary, and enjoyed a simulated candle that smelled fantastic.
But within a few minutes, the scent had become overpowering. Although it smelled good, it was just too strong. I moved the luminary to the other room, but the sent just kept filling the house. I tried putting the luminary up high. I tried putting it in the bathroom. And finally, I decided in desperation to remove the Febreze Flameless Luminary to the upstairs. The smell still kept coming. Within 2 days, the luminary had settled into a much more tolerable level of scent, but avoiding the interior of my house for 2 days seemed like a high price to pay.
I have to wonder if the other scents offered by Febreze would have the same strength. I'll admit, the Febreze Flameless Luminary is a beautiful addition to the home and blends in with your decor. The flickering tricked many visitors into believing it was a real candle. But the strength of the scent was just too much.