The Bottom Line
- Comes in 6 scents and colors.
- 30 hours of burn time per candle.
- Emits a nice pleasant scent and odor removing core, eliminates odors without overwhelming a room.
- Even with a trimmed wick, when it's blown out, a smoky scent lingers.
- Scents: meadows and rain, vanilla and refresh, apple spice, linen and sky, spring and renewal, lavender and vanilla.
- Candle burns for 30 hours total time. The weight is 5.5 ounces.
- Retails for around 6.99.
Guide Review - Febreze Odor Eliminating Candle
So homemade taco night was the perfect chance to put the Febreze Candle to work.
After reading the instructions, and trimming the wick to 1/4 of an inch, I was ready to light the candle, and let my husband cook.
45 minutes later and dinner was done, and the only place that had a hint of cumin was the kitchen. I continued to let the candle burn for another 45 minutes as we finished dinner. I was impressed by how cumin-free the downstairs was. I was more impressed by the fact that I could smell a slight hint of apple and spice from the candle, but it in no way overwhelmed my home. This is important when you have family and friends who can be sensitive to smells.
My only problem with the candle came when I blew it out after 1 1/2 hours. The candle continued to smoke for a few minutes sending a very smoky smell back into the air. It faded away after a few minutes, but I was disappointed that I had a slightly smoky smell in my kitchen that even my kids noticed.
Overall, though, the Febreze Candle is a great buy for the money. It sits discretely in any location. It eliminates odors with a special core that traps smells. It burns for 30 hours without filling your home with overwhelming scent, and there are 6 scents to choose from. I like it, and my husband likes that he can cook with real spices in our kitchen.