The Bottom Line
- The Eureka Envirosteamer has a continuous steam design.
- The Eureka Enirosteamer's thick oversized Magic Cloth works well on absorbing water and dirt.
- The Envirosteamer comes with a preheating/cool down tray to protect floors.
- The adjustable handle makes the Envirosteamer storage efficient.
- The edge and corner cleaning of the Eureka Envirosteamer is amazing.
- The Envirosteamer's continuous steam means that care is required in leaving it standing in one spot.
- Magic cloth may shrink if dried in the dryer.
- Ideally, a magic cloth for each room would be needed, which adds to the expense.
- The Eureka Envirosteamer retails for $79.99. Additional magic cloths are available in packages of 2 for $19.99.
- Owners with hard water may need to periodically run vinegar or a decalcifying product through the steamer.
- 5.4 lbs.
- 25 inch power cord.
Guide Review - Eureka EnviroSteamer
On all surfaces, the Envirosteamer worked magic, removing dirt and stuck on debris from floors I thought were already clean. The low profile and swivel handle made getting under cabinets and into corners easy. The oversized magic cloth mopping pad tucked up into the top of the unit provided the best edge cleaning by a mop that I've ever seen. The continuous steam removed cereal that had been glued to the floor by milk, and left the floor underneath a toddlers booster seat, spotless. Even a ring on a tile floor from a potted plant was removed.
The Envirosteamer comes with a heat up/cool down foam tray to protect floor surfaces. The unit is easily filled with a measuring cup and funnel. An indicator light shows when the unit needs to be refilled.
Although the manufacturer's instructions say that the magic cloth should be rinsed out and line dried to prevent shrinking. I successfully washed my magic cloths in the washing machine on the gentle cycle before line drying them.
With all the products that I test, there are only a small handful that I put on a list to buy for my home. The Eureka Envirosteamer is one of those products.