The Bottom Line
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball is easy to set up and even easier to use.
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball lasts for up to 25 loads even in warm water.
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball really removes dirt and stains.
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball doesn't leave soap or residue on the clothes.
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball works in top and front-loading washers.
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball doesn't have any fragrance.
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball can only be used with the Toss-N-Go dispenser in the starter kit.
- The OxiClean Starter Kit comes with a reusable dispenser and 1 OxiClean Detergent Ball which lasts up to 25 loads.
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball with Toss-N-Go Dispenser Starter Kit retails for around $8.99.
- The OxiClean Detergent Ball is color-safe, chlorine free, and safe for use with septic systems.
Guide Review - OxiClean Detergent Ball with Toss-N-Go Dispenser
Although the clothing came out clean, it was without any hint of detergent smell. While I was impressed that the detergent ball had managed to clean my clothing without a hint of residue, I'm a scent person and I like to have my laundry smell fresh when it comes out of the washing machine. Adding a few dryer sheets to the dryer load made all the difference for me. I also ended up adding fabric softener to the washer as well and it helped the scent without taking away from the effectiveness of the OxiClean Detergent Ball. Those who prefer a scent and dye free laundry detergent will find a welcome convenience in the OxiClean Detergent Ball.
What I Loved:
Easy To Use-Simply slip the detergent ball into an inner sleeve and then into the Toss-N-Go rubber dispenser, fold over a tab on the dispenser, and toss the ball in the washing machine. That's it. The only other time you ever have to touch the dispenser is to refill it when it can be pushed to the refill line, or about the time the detergent ball is the size of a golf ball. This was between 20-24 loads for the detergent balls I tested. Then you just toss the old ball in the trash, and place a new detergent ball into the reusable dispenser.
Effective-Although I was skeptical, the OxiClean Detergent Ball really works. It was able to remove all the dirt from my son's play clothes by itself. I was prepared to rewash these clothes, but after examining them, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was no need. The clothes came out clean and were ready to be dried. I did have a few really tough stains that I still pretreated with stain remover, but most of my regular loads of laundry were washed simply with the detergent ball, and all of them came out clean.