The Bottom Line
- No harsh and toxic fumes to make cleaning more difficult.
- Safe to be used on Self-Cleaning ovens without the self cleaning cycle.
- Works well on even the most baked on food.
- For best results, product still needs to sit overnight.
- Read all directions thoroughly.
- Apply in a cold oven.
- Shut the oven door. Do NOT turn on the oven or activate your oven's self cleaning cycle.
- Wait two hours to overnight for an all over cleaning, or at least 30 minutes for easy spot cleaning.
- Open the oven door and wipe clean using a wet sponge or cloth and rinsing it repeatedly.
Guide Review - Oven Cleaner
I was sceptical at the idea of a "fume free" oven cleaner, but this product is the closest thing to a "fume free" cleaner that I have ever used. I had let the lower of a double oven be the test case for the Easy Off Fume Free Max Oven Cleaner. The bottom of the oven was completely covered with thick black residue. It was a tough job and the best I hoped for was that after a few applications of the cleaner and a lot of scrubbing, that I would be able to see hints of the original surface. I read the directions thoroughly. I sprayed the cleaner according to the directions and shut the oven door for the night. After opening the oven I began to clean it out. All of the charred stuck on food just melted away from the oven surface. Just wiping the oven out left only a few tiny spots on the bottom that needed to be scrubbed more thoroughly. With a little extra effort, those spots too wiped away.
My favorite part of the process was that with only minimal ventilation, I was able to clean out the oven without irritated eyes, lungs, or skin. This is still a cleanser and you should still take precautions with contact, but overall "fume-free" lived up to its name for me.