- Take everything out of the glove compartment.
Pull all the papers, straws, pens, napkins, cards, and tools out of the glove compartment.
- Sort the contents of the glove compartment.
Spread all the stuff from the glove compartment out over a seat. Sort items into a trash pile, a keep somewhere else pile, and a keep in the car pile. Throw out the trash.
- Go through the keep in the car pile.
Make sure the items that you've decided to keep are unexpired. Older copies of documents can be stored or shredded depending on their importance and amount of personal information.
- Remove the "keep somewhere else" items.
Not everything needs to be kept in the car. Consider storing cosmetics, snacks, and less used cards and documents in another location.
- Wipe down the inside and outside of the glove compartment.
Using a mix of warm water and a mild dish detergent or all-purpose spray, wipe down the inside and outside of the glove compartment with a microfiber cloth. Pay special attention to any sticky spots. Wipe the area dry when you've finished, and replace the items that will continue to be stored in the glove comparment.
What You Need
- 2 microfiber cleaning cloths
- All-purpose spray
- Mild dish detergent