From the article: 10 Laundry Disasters and How To Help Clothes Recover
We all do laundry. And subsequently, most of us have had a laundry disaster happen on our watch. Whether it's a red sock in a load of whites, or a sweater shrunken down to the size of a doll, laundry disasters happen to us all. Share your worst laundry mistakes. Share Your Story
- My brother and I had just gotten back from vacation when I decided to do a load of whites. When they came out of the dryer with blue patches covering everything. Also I found pieces of a blue crayon wrapping. Let's just say I'm never doing his laundry again. The dryer is still blue.
- —Guest mayumi
- I just washed a 7kg load with 2 hardboard game cards. It looks I tried to recycle cardboard and wash at the same time. Clothes are fully munted, washing machine too. I have just finished shaking out as much as I can. I'm going to tumble dry asap. I even vacuumed the inside of the machine. Grrr. 7 kids and I don't know which one chucked the card into the laundry basket. Note to self: check THOROUGHLY every piece before starting wash cycle! LOL and tears.
- —Guest siouxsiewoo
Ipod and other things.
- I have a tiny iPod Shuffle that often gets washed when I forget that it's still clipped to my shirt. My husband also likes to help out with the laundry but he never sorts and he always over-stuffs the washer. Not to mention, he doesn't check what setting the load size is..... Let's just say I've had to re-whiten whites, rewash clothes that never got clean or even wet. I've also had to painstakingly explain to my son just why his favorite shirts were shredded to bits. And I've had my Victoria Secret bras and panties twisted around an entire load of laundry, then dried that way!
- —Guest DaddyDrama!
Washing Instruction Mix-Up
- I'd laundered a shirt for a person with washing instructions 'wash cold water,tumble dry', only to find out it was a dry clean only fabric. I messed up the clothes because of the washing instructions.
- —Guest BRIGHTERCOLOURS
Ink Spot Dalmation
- I had just done a load of school washing when I pulled out my daughter's school dress and found two pens in the pocket that had leaked all over the dress. Her dress looks like a dalmation. I am hoping to try some different solvents..
- —Guest Sue
Mistaken for Vinegar
- Did the laundry like usual. I added vinegar as a clothes softener. When the clothes came out, they had patches of white spots on them. To my horror, I had accidentally used the bleach. From then on, I've never kept the vinegar and bleach together.
- —Guest visa
- My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon, and my first order of business as a husband was to wash all of our clothes. I sorted through the entire suitcase, and accidentally included a $200 silk dress in the mix. It also had sentimental value.
- —Guest Tony
Son's Pay Check
- When my son was in High School he worked part time in an Italian Restaurant. He was one saucy guy and always came home needing his work clothes laundered for his next shift. There was a lot of printed paper shreds in the machine after one washing You've no doubt heard of money laundering. But a hard earned pay check was not funny.
- —Guest Sheelo
Cut and dry
- Well my horror came not to long ago, my lovely children and husbands laundry were washed and dried. Low and behold some kind of metal was in the dryer (no one is claiming it to this day) it curved around my dryer spinners, and literally go so hot and cut lots of clothing, from my hubbies dress shirts, kids shirts Zoo Yorks and those were their favorite, new shirts my son just got (Laundry for 6 in a King Size washer dryer) looked like someone sliced all of their clothing, had cuts in almost everything :(
- —Guest Jo-Sette
easy way to get your white back
- if you washed a red piece of clothes with a white piece, take it out the machine, then, scrubbe the clothes with lemon, then lie down on a table outside at your backjard until the pink color dissapears. The lemon and the sun will take the pink off your clothes. www.homesolutionsbylibny.com
- I have been called the "Queen of Laundry"! Even my kids friends bring over their clothes that have stains. Unfortunately I was off my game one day and missed the thin iPod in my son's pocket. I was told to put it in long cook rice (uncooked) and it would dry it out. It did not work. I had to buy my son a new iPod. It was an expensive lesson I learned that I really need to check pockets!
- —Guest Laura
MY 12 year old doing good deeds....
- When my son was 12 (2 years ago) he thought he was helping out by doing the laundry... Put clothes including my work clothes (the very few I had) in the washer with ......GASP! CLorox bleach (not the color safe!) Needless to say all the clothes were ruined. I cried He cried and he has never done laundry since.... in addition to that my 19 year old daughter broke my washer by overloading it with towels. She also won't do laundry anymore! And thanks for the tissue vs. hankie comment... I am buying them for my husband today! I am forever checkin pockets but have been known to miss the hidden tissues!
- —Guest Kathy
- MY HUSBAND AND I WENT ON A GETAWAY FOR OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY AND MY SISTER-IN-LAW WATCHED THE KIDS 4 US, I PACKED A BAG WITH DIAPERS, CLOTHES, ETC. WHEN WE PICKED THEM UP, WE CAME HOME. I THREW THEIR CLOTHES IN THE WASHER, ALONG WITH SOME OTHER THINGS. AFTER THE CLOTHES FINISHED WASHING, I REALIZED THEY HAD LITTLE GEL-LIKE BALLS IN MY WASHER.........I SAID TO MYSELF "WHAT IS THAT!".......IT WAS A USED DIAPER(ONLY URINE) IN HER PANTS......UGH!!!! THE WORST I HAD TO WASH THAT LOAD TWICE!!! IT WAS EVERYWHERE! ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO CHECK, NOT ONLY POCKETS BUT PANTS TOO!!!!
- —Guest Christina
- Please can anyone help ? 3 new red t-shirts got put in the laundry with 4 of my husband's tan and white shirts. And the white and tan came out PINK. What can I do to got the pink out
- —Guest email@example.com
- Several times I accidently washed my watch because I had a very bad habit of putting the watch in my pocket. The occasional crayon, pen disaster was not as expensive. The watch was a Longines watch. The second one was just a Timex so no big deal. Penny
1-15 of 28Next